Home to hot tech companies like SoundCloud & 6 Wunderkinder, Berlin is Europe’s new tech startup hub. Last year alone, more than 500 tech startups were founded here, making it one of the top investment meccas worldwide.
Fueled by a low cost of living and convenient access to to tech talent in Eastern Europe, Berlin also brings an incredible design aesthetic and a deep tradition of subculture…qualities that, much like San Francisco in the days of yore, naturally draws boundary-pushing, disruption-loving, innovative startups. Despite the lack of local VC and an overall culture of capital restraint, Berlin has the community, collaboration, and punk culture that make it Europe’s new powerhouse.
In Berlin, the agenda includes:
- Meeting the startups at Rocket Internet, the much publicized incubator of the billionaire Samwer Brothers, famous for its tech clones and incredible success
- Visit to SoundCloud (one of the web’s leading music platforms with 10 million registered users) & meet with the founders & executive team
- GEek Power Trip: Tied with the U.S., Germany is the world’s 2nd largest investor in renewable energy. Thanks to GE, we’ll get a behind-the-scenes tour of their Berlin power conversion plant, one of the largest in Europe & a geek wonderland filled with motors, generators, and all sorts of cool machinery
- Visit Wooga (the world’s 3rd largest social games developer) and meet with CEO/Founder Jens Begemann
- Pirate Summit’s GOAP edition, an ARRR-loving meetup featuring startups, developers, & designers, to be held @Berlin’s brand new startup epicenter, the Factory
- Team Europe Ventures’ Birthday Party, celebrating the incubator’s amazing success alongside Berlin’s most fantastic tech geeks
- Founders Brunch, a gathering of tech Founders & CEO’s over omelets & mimosas