500 Startups has been invited to partner with celebrity chef Roy Yamaguchi (of Roy’s restaurants) to produce ‘Battle of the Food Geeks’ during the Hawaii Food & Wine Festival on September 7th. Featuring a ‘culinary pantheon’ of celebrity judges, our epicurean startups will demo their companies in front of a ‘who’s who’ of the food & wine world.
Celebrity Judges include:
- Roy Yamaguchi, Award winning chef, inventor of Hawaiian Fusion Cuisine and founder of Roy’s Restaurant
- Susan Feniger, Award-winning chef, restaurateur, cookbook author, and radio and TV personality
- Christine Quinlan, Deputy Editor, Food & Wine Magazine
- Todd English, Celebrity chef, restaurateur, author, entrepreneur, and television personality
- Dave McClure, Founding Partner, 500 Startups (lover of food, investor in food tech startups, & moderator!)
Startup Demos Include:
Since the only way to Hawaii is by plane AND we are all a bunch of geeks, we’re calling this our “Geeks on a Plane – Aloha Edition”!
We’ll be attending the food & wine festival, hosting a Hawaii 5-0-0 meetup @ the Pacific Aviation Museum, and just hanging out Hawaiian style. Its a great opportunity to enjoy incredible food and networking amidst other awesome geeks.
Special Thanks to Our GOAP Hawaii Partners