Jordan, in many cases, leads the Middle East startup scene. The country now hosts about 75% of all Arabic content on the internet. As a small country, its entrepreneurs build for a regional audience… representing a huge, mostly untapped potential. Only 29% of the Middle East’s population used the internet last year, roughly two-thirds of the population is under 30, and the region has one of the fastest-growing internet penetration rates in the world. The future of tech entrepreneurship in the MidEast remains to be seen, but Jordanian entrepreneurs may very well be the ones writing it.
- Visit to Jeeran (part of the 500 Startups’ family) to tour the space and meet with Jeeran Co-founder Omar Koudsi
- Visit to Kharabeesh (interactive and animation platform) to tour the space and meet with leading entrepreneurs
- “Mix & Mentor” event & lunch hosted by Wamda, a tech news and startup platform site for the Middle East
- Amman “Tech Tuesday” Special Edition meetup, featuring startups, investors and tech execs
- Dead Sea Pitches, startups will get a unique opportunity to pitch for 3 minutes in the Dead Sea