Known as the “Silicon Valley of India”, Bangalore is the heart & soul of India’s tech ecosystem. Home to 800+ startups & tech superstars like FlipKart, Wipro, and Infosys, Bangalore has the highest concentration of IT companies in the country. The city also has the most active funding and mentoring network, strongest pool of tech talent, and largest number of crossroads with Silicon Valley. Despite this, Bangalore still has a long way to go…a growing market requires even more talent in a culture that values established + dependable firms over startups, and infrastructure woes (from traffic to power outages to poor connectivity) pose continuous hurdles. Still, the spirit of entrepreneurship is thriving in this pulsating city, and the world is watching it closely with great expectations…so are we.
In Bangalore, the agenda includes:
- “Welcome to India & Bangalore” dinner hosted by Harvard Business School Alumni Angels with a hand-picked group of startup CEOs/Founders, investors, tech influencers & press. A macro overview of the India ecosystem and market will be presented by Ravi Gururaj, Vice President Citrix & Co-Chair HBS Alumni Angels
- StartupWeekend, hosted by Pankaj Jain + Chidambar Kulkarni
- Visit to RedBus (one of India’s most successful tech startups) to tour the office + meet the founders
- Visit to FusionCharts (the industry leader in enterprise-grade web charting) to tour the office + meet the founders
- Tour Embrace’s HQ, an NGO startup that developed an innovative, low cost infant warmer for newborn babies in developing countries
- Visit to FlipKart (India’s largest online bookseller) to tour the office + meet the founders
- Visit to ZipDial (a 500 Startups company) to tour the office + meet the founders
- Tech conference with Banaglore’s entrepreneur community hosted by YourStory.in, a leading tech blog in India
- ‘Off the Record’ conversation with India’s most successful startup CEO’s, covering the challenges and opportunities for tech companies in India, hosted by ZipDial
- FailCon Conference, where we’ll meet India’s leading tech companies, investors, founders and incubators
- GEek tour of the GE Research Center, home to 2,000+ researchers focused on sustainable energy + healthcare, & visit to the GE Healthcare Plant
- + more!